Saturday 8 October 2016

Banana pancakes

A great way of using up those over-ripe bananas and frugal too, especially as otherwise the banana might be chucked.
It's not my recipe although I added the milk as the batter was too thick.  I think it might be a Slimming World recipe although I am not sure, so apologies.

Ingredients (made enough for two for me)
1 very ripe banana
1 medium egg
50g rolled oats, zizzed down a bit if not using a thermo
50g milk
1/3 tsp ground cinnamon
coconut oil for frying

Normal Method
Put all the ingredients apart from the oil in a bowl and mix together really well to make a thick-ish batter. There should be some texture in the oats but the batter should be fairly smooth.
Thermomix method
Briefly zizz the oats.
Add the banana, cinnamon, milk and egg and zizz again. There should be some texture in the oats but the batter should be fairly smooth.
Rest of method
Heat the oil. When hot, add a ladleful of batter. Reduce heat to low and fry for 3-4 mins before flipping over and cooking the other side. You may need to flip over more than once as the batter is thick and it does take some time. Don’t over-brown.
I found it made enough for two in my small pan but turning them was tricky. Next time I might use my bigger pan and my crumpet rings to make smaller, more easily flipped pancakes
Serve with a dollop of yogurt and a drizzle of honey

Edited 24-10-16:  MUCH better done with crumpet rings.  Add a small ladleful of batter and remove the right immediately.  Worked a treat and you get three for one bigger one so you can make a mini stack!


No comments:

Post a Comment