Friday 24 June 2016

Yogurt scones

I made these this morning, reducing the quantities to a quarter because it was just a try out for next week.

Very nice, very easy, a lovely, fluffy interior, so I'm sharing.

The recipe is here.   I made four so the full amount would make about 16, depending on the size of your cutter.

The quarter quantities are
125g plain flour
25g caster sugar
6g baking powder
tiny pinch salt
30g cold butter
about 60mks natural yogurt
beaten egg to glaze

I followed the instructions in the link above and baked them in the halogen oven.  Very, very nice indeed.  Another way of using my home made yogurt.

I have eaten one (well, you have to, don't you?) and shall freeze the other three

2 comments:

  1. Did you have to modify baking time because of using your halogen oven? Baking is something I have yet to try. I need to have a go sometime. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good question. No, I didn't, but I tend to do thing like scones by sight anyway. It took the time I expected it to take.
    J x

    ReplyDelete