Wednesday 2 March 2016

A cheat's korma

It started off with a jar of Sharwood's korma sauce that I got from Approved Foods a while ago and which ought to be used up.

So this is what I did - amounts are vague because I didn't measure and anyway they really don't matter.

What I used
some butter
two small-ish onion, peeled and sliced
one sweet potato, peeled and chunked
some frozen red, green and yellow peppers (fresh would be fine)
some mushrooms, chopped
some chicken, chunked
some frozen peas
some fried apricots, sliced
a jar of korma paste as mentioned above
some boiling water, as needed

I sauteed the onions in the butter, then added the sweet potato and continued sauteeing.  Then in went the peppers and the chicken for a quick fry, followed by the mushroom, chicken and peas.

Then I poured in the sauce and some boiling water plus the apricots.  I brought it up to a simmer, put the lid on the pan and bunged it in a slow oven while I went over the road to tutor a child.

When I got back it was done!  And very tasty it was too with plenty left over for other days.



No comments:

Post a Comment