Monday 1 February 2016

The best breakfast porridge ever

Yes, it was, it was gorgeous.  And quite frugal.  And used up leftovers.

What's not to love?

I had some coconut milk left over from yesterday's curry . . . and this is what I did.

Ingredients (no amounts given, sorry) to serve one hungry person
enough porridge oats for one
leftover coconut milk
water to make up the liquid if necessary
pinch of salt
some pineapple bits*
a drizzle of maple syrup

Method
In a saucepan mix the oats, salt, milk and water.  Add the pineapple bits and a bit of the pineapple juice, if you have it.
Slowly heat to simmering, stirring now and again.

Pour into a bowl and drizzle over some maple syrup.

Easy peasy and mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm . . .



*  I use Savers tinned pineapple from Morrisons which I share into five portions and keep in the fridge.  I add it to yogurt, porridge, into casseroles when appropriate, and so on.  One of my 'wouldn't want to be withouts'.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious. I love porridge with sliced banana and some ground cinnamon sprinkled over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's lovely too. Or grated apple and cinnamon. Delicious! :-)

    ReplyDelete