Sunday 3 August 2014

Recipe: Hunter's Chicken

I have Alex and Beth here for Sunday lunch.  I have stacks of runner beans so don't want to make a salad.  Beth and I are having something sort of quich-ish but Alex doesn't like quiche.  So I thought Hunter's Chicken - my version of it anyway.  After all, how hard can it be?  A barbecue sauce, chicken, bacon and cheese.  How can one go wrong (I hope this is not famous last words)

So, I shall make a barbecue sauce with onion, tomatoes from the garden, some leftover cola that has gone flat and various seasoning - bit of salt, pepper, mustard, smoked paprika, a bit of garlic and a bit of chilli.

When the chicken has thawed, I shall cut a slit along the top and fill it with the sauce.  Then I shall lay some bacon over the top, wrap it in foil and bake until the chicken is cooked through.  Then I shall uncover it, sprinkle over some cheddar and replace in the oven until the cheese has melted.

Sounds good to me and I will let you know . . . maybe with a proper recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment