Tuesday 15 April 2014

Jack's Smoky Red Lentil Burgers

Well, I finally got these finished.  I reckon keeping the mixture in the fridge for a day makes them easier to handle and well as allowing the flavour to develop.

I couldn't find the recipe online, just a page that says what ingredients are used.  Better than nothing, I guess so here's the link.
http://www.eatyourbooks.com/library/recipes/1248793/smoky-red-lentil-burgers
I also used half a beaten egg to help bind the mixture.  The other half was used to glaze the cheesy scones!  I also used smoked paprika rather than the ordinary kind.
The mixture is very soft and needed flour to prevent it sticking to the working surface or my hands as you can see from the photo but it wasn't difficult.


Anyway, I am pleased to report that I think they are delicious, easy to make using store cupboard ingredients, filling and did I say delicious?

The only issue I have with Jack's recipes is that the portions are so large.  She said that it would make four burgers; I ended up with nine.  OK, so they weren't huge, but they were fine for me.  I had a couple for breakfast with three cherry tomatoes and some chutney and I feel full.  I have seven to deal with so I guess that's lunch with a salad and maybe Beth will take some for her dinner.

If you haven't got the book, go on, treat yourself!






2 comments:

  1. I found http://www.biggirlssmallkitchen.com/2013/04/smoky-red-lentil-burgers.html that I think is fairly close

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lindy. It's the sort of recipe you want to put your own mark upon anyway, I think. Variations on a theme! :-)
    J x

    ReplyDelete