Sunday 9 March 2014

Recipe: tea loaf

I've posted this recipe before.  It's a bog standard recipe.

Ingredients:
340g/12 oz mixed dried fruit, washed.
229mls/7 1/2 fl oz strained cold tea
114g/4 oz demerara sugar
230g/8 oz self raising flour
1 egg

Method:
Place sugar, tea and fruit in a bowl, mix well, cover and leave overnight.
Next day, add flour and egg, mix well and place in 2 lb loaf tin.
Bake at 350 F / 180C for 1 1/4 hours or until well done.  If necessary, cover during the last part of baking.

Turn out onto cooling tray.

However, today, instead of tea, I used a fruit tea - strawberry and raspberry (4 tea bags) and the fruit was mostly dried cranberries.  It's made the most delicious loaf which is why I'm posting it.  If I'm not careful, the first loaf will be gone by the end of the day!

I wonder how else I could adapt it.



No comments:

Post a Comment