Saturday 22 February 2014

Delia's Chicken Basque

I know it's a very old recipe, I know it's not new to many people, but I made this yesterday (again) and it's wonderful.
I won't post the recipe itself as it can be found on Delia's brilliant site but it is well worth making.  It's so easy.  I has some chorizo in the freezer and some sun dried tomatoes in the fridge so it was half way to being a store cupboard recipe.  I thought I had chicken in the freezer but couldn't find it, which was somewhat annoying, so I bought some chicken thighs (good value and tastier than breasts)
.
I did add some mushroom and some peas (just because I could and they are tasty) and I used smoked paprika.  The rest was really just following the recipe.

I made half the amount, a friend and I ate ourselves silly with it, she took a portion home for her other half and there's still a portion (sans chicken) for me for today.  I might have it with some ham as I have ham in the fridge.

Anyway, here's the link and a picture borrowed from Delia.  Well worth looking at.
http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/main-ingredient/poultry-and-game/chicken/chicken-basque.html

 Chicken Basque

2 comments: