Tuesday 13 August 2013

Cheaper than chips menu: 13-8-13

Breakfast:  beans on toast, pineapple and yoghurt
Lunch:  Tuna salad roll with additional side salad (which will contain loadsa radishes because they are all coming at once now).  I'm making some more crunchy flapjack biscuits and they will be my dessert.
Dinner:  Ravioli.  Yes, I shall have a go and see.  The filling will be tuna and soft cheese, seeing as I am opening a tin of tuna today.  I will have a go anyway and see.  Also another side salad followed by fruit yoghurt.

Also lots of water and some decaf coffee.

It's going to be very frugal.
The beans are value, the bread is home made, as is the roll.
The tuna is from a bargain tin and will do two meals.
Just about all the salad will come from the garden - the coleslaw won't but will be home made.
The ravioli will be home made.
The yoghurt is (surprise, surprise!) home made and the fruit is value.
I'm not working it out to the last penny but it will certainly be under £1.50.

Sadly, I'm not going to be able to keep this up once term starts again but I'm enjoying it while it lasts!


No comments:

Post a Comment