Wednesday 3 July 2013

Cheaper than chips menu: 3-7-13

Breakfast:  Porridge with banana and yoghurt
Lunch:  a hunk of soda bread, 1 had boiled egg all mashed up with butter, fruit
Dinner:  butternut squash and chick pea curry with rice, pineapple and strawberries with yoghurt

Drinks: coffee, mint tea, water
Snack:  fruit at playtime

Yesterday worked!  Yes, I spent an awful lot of money (comparatively speaking - before I would have said that it wasn't very expensive - perceptions change) on the evening meal but it could have been a lot worse.

The free lunch at the conference was quite nice and was salad based and there was no dessert.  Sad, but much better for me  Also, they had the loveliest lemongrass, ginger and citrus fruit tea bags.  I have to get some, it made the most delicious drink.
Then in the evening I had my usual 'small plate' choice, about which I was mildly teased, but no-one wanted dessert so, again, much better for the healthy consideration as well as for the pocket!
I forgot, until just now, that I am off caffeine and I had two diet cokes.  That would explain why I felt quite bright and breezy during the meal instead of falling asleep.  Ooops!

No comments:

Post a Comment