Sunday 23 June 2013

Leftover mince recipe: the sequel!

If you scroll back a few days you will see that I predicted that the savoury mince would make eight portions.  In the end it made seven good portions at around 40p each.
I will use most of it this week.  If there are leftovers, they will be part of the next day's lunch.

Today:  Savoury mince with 1/3 head of broccoli
Monday:  chilli con carne (add chilli and kidney beans)
Tuesday:  Pasta bolognaise (add oragano, thyme, etc)
Wednesday:  Savoury crumble with peas
Thursday:  potato topped pie
Friday:  Mince curry (add curry spices after cooking out in a little oil first - not sure about this one but it's worth a go - it'll be eaten anyway)

That's as far as I've planned and it uses six of the seven portions so I won't really have added to the freezer contents.  I must do more flexible basics from time to time.

I think the following week might be a freezer week - see how much I can use out of the freezer in the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment