Wednesday 26 June 2013

Cheaper than chips menu: 26-6-13 (and a ramble)

I find that I am at my culinary best early morning and also that I have the energy and ooomph for kitchen work then.  As a result, I try to get the whole day's food sorted out and ready to go, BodyChef style, before I leave for school.  By the time I get home in the evening, if the food's not easily prepared, that's when I go off plan,
I learnt this while doing BodyChef before and, if it wasn't so jolly expensive (well over £100 a week for one just cannot compare with under £15 a week, can it?) I'd do it again.  It was so, so  easy!
Some things don't led themselves to this sort of approach, but most do.

So in my fridge, all stacked neatly, are a pot of cooked savoury mince, a little pot of crumble topping and a pot of pineapple.

I got the pot habit (if I may call it this without misunderstanding . . .) from BodyChef too.  In fact, some of the pots I still use came with food in from their hampers and jolly useful they are too for all sorts of thing.  In my lunch bag there are several.  One with salad in, one with coleslaw, one with chopped egg and a titchy one with salad dressing (home made, of course!!!!).

Organisation seems to be the key to it all - what a shame I'm not that organised!

Enough rambling

Breakfast:  Porridge with jam (the very last of the LBTL jam) and yoghurt
Lunch:  Egg salad, fruit
Dinner:  Savoury mince and vegetable crumble, pineapple and yoghurt
Snack:  Playtime fruit
Drinks:  decaf coffee, fruit teas, water

No comments:

Post a Comment