Monday 20 May 2013

Cheaper than chips: daily update 20-5-13

Here's today's summary:

B  Porridge with banana and yogurt
L  Bean and tomato pasta with 20g grated cheese, piece of fruit
D  chicken and mango curry with rice and I will chop in the left over vegetables from yesterday's lunch, 2 digestive biccies
Dr  coffees and water
Sn apple at playtime (free)

The total is £1.50 because dinner comes from the freezer, but the costed total comes to something like 65p, which is fine!
However, it is less economically evil than at first thought because the spicy chicken and mango plus left over veg was enough to make two portions so guess what I am having for lunch tomorrow.  Yup, that's right.  I wonder if my colleagues will be envious!
However (again) tomorrow is total bank bustin' because I am going out in the evening.  Yes, I am.  I'm going to blow about a fortnight's food money on a meal out.
Actually, when I think of it like that I think blimey . . . my perspective changes!


No comments:

Post a Comment