Sunday 12 May 2013

Cheaper than chips: 11-5-13

Apologies for not posting last night.  I was so tired that after sleeping my way though most of a programme I went up to bed and almost slept the clock round.

Yesterday wasn't all that successful.  I managed to keep under the pound but dinner was a home made sweet and sound (Hairy Bikers recipe) so not so good.  I didn't feel I was doing so badly so I will have to review this 'only 60p when having a freezer dinner' because it might simply be unrealistic and perhaps 80p would be the more sensible figure.  Or maybe, looking at what I ate, I just ate too much.  We will see, iut was Saturday after all!

Anyway . . .
B:  banana and bacon pancakes with maple syrup
L:  home made lentil burger with chips (cheap as . . .), lettuce, tomato and red cabbage coleslaw
D:  Sweet and sour chicken with plain rice followed by some leftover birthday chocolates (presents, so free).
And. allowing for freebies and allowances, it came to 85.5p

(I have to say, it was nice having some meat again - well, chicken, anyway)

No comments:

Post a Comment