Monday 8 April 2013

'Best ever chicken balti'




I found this in a magazine several years ago now.  I thought it looked pretty good so I tried it and it was absolutely scrummy.  Since then I have made it again and again and it's still a favourite.  So easy to make and packed with flavour, I made it last week when N came over on Friday, and she had seconds!

Best Ever Chicken Balti. Photo by Stardustannie

The recipe is here, on Food.com, so I won't reproduce it in full.  |Please do pop over and take a look.
http://www.food.com/recipe/best-ever-chicken-balti-277765

I haven't changed anything much over the years, just a few things.  I start by gently saute-ing some finely chopped onion in butter before frying out the curry sauce.  Also, I have added other veg at times - red or yellow pepper goes nicely, as does strips of baby corn, quartered lengthways.  I think it would also be nice made with lean lamb, turkey or steak.

I have also seen a suggestion that you use coconut milk rather than cream at the end.  That sounds nice.  I have used yoghurt instead and, providing you are careful not to over-boil, it works well.




2 comments:

  1. Looks lovely thanks. Personal recommendation is always the best:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you enjoy it, if you make it. Thanks, Sweffling.

    J x

    ReplyDelete