Friday 22 February 2013

Leftover fish pie

I had some leftovers of vegetables in a cheese sauce with a garlicky breadcrumby, parsley topping.  There had been too much cheese sauce in the dish so there was quite a lot left.

I defrosted a piece of salmon, took off the skin and cut it into chunks.
I boiled some floury potatoes, mashed them well and added some salt and butter.
I grated some cheese very finely - a mix of mature cheddar and vegetarian 'Italian hard cheese' (because that packet was open).
I skimmed off some of the topping from the vegetable gratin and discarded it: the rest got mixed in.

Then I mixed the salmon chunks with the veg (which happened to be mange tout, baby corn and broccoli but could be any preferred combination really) and the cheese sauce plus a dollop of creme fraiche and placed it all in the bottom of an ovenproof dish.  I spread over the potato topping and then sprinkled the grated cheese over the top and baked it in the oven at about 180C for about 30 to 35 minutes..



It was scrummy although if I'm ever in a similar position (with leftovers) I will add a handful of prawns as well.


And now I have leftover leftovers.  Freezer, here it comes.  Far too tasty to throw out.

By the way, the cheese sauce was made by the thermomix and it was gorgeous.


2 comments:

  1. so are you a Thremomix convert?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes. It should be arriving on Monday (Thursday was the demo)
    J x

    ReplyDelete